Google Doodles

O portalima, FB, instagram, i ostalim vladarima današnjice...
Moderator: Max
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict
Reactions: 22582

Google Doodles

Post Postao/la Heidi »

Kod nas je danas
slika
1 slika
I am tired of flimsy friends and submissive companions I die to walk with the brave.
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict

Re: Google Doodles

Post Postao/la Heidi »

slika
Today’s Doodle artwork, illustrated by Barcelona-based guest artist Min, commemorates the consonant Ñ (pronounced “enye”). The only letter in the Spanish alphabet that originated in Spain, the Ñ is not only a letter but a representation of Hispanic heritage and identity as well.

The Ñ’s story started with 12th-century Spanish scribes. While hand-copying Latin manuscripts, these scholars of the Middle Ages devised a plan to save time and parchment by shortening words with double letters. They combined the two figures into one and scrawled on top a tiny “n”—a symbol now known as a ”virgulilla” or tilde—to signify the change. Thus, “annus,” Latin for “year,” evolved into the Spanish “año.”

In 1803, it was officially entered into the Royal Spanish Academy’s dictionary, and in 1993, Spain passed legislation to protect its inclusion in computer keyboards on the grounds of its insuppressible cultural significance. In 2010, the United Nations declared April 23 a day to annually celebrate the Spanish language, one of the most commonly spoken in the world.

Today, the letter Ñ appears in more than 17,700 Spanish words, carving out a fundamental role within the language and Hispanic culture.
I am tired of flimsy friends and submissive companions I die to walk with the brave.
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict

Post Postao/la Heidi »

Poslije dana majki, danasnji Google Doodles je posvecen drugom, jednako bitnom roditelju 💜

Svim tatama beharlijama sretan Dan Oceva 🍀
2 slika
Socrates
PRObehar
PRObehar
Reactions: 13127

Post Postao/la Socrates »

?
Don't wanna hear about it

Every single one's got a story to tell...
Socrates
PRObehar
PRObehar
Reactions: 13127

Post Postao/la Socrates »

U Njemačkoj?
Don't wanna hear about it

Every single one's got a story to tell...
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict

Post Postao/la Heidi »

Da, to je njemacki Doodles.
1 slika
storm
Administrator
Reactions: 36462

Post Postao/la storm »

30 godina samostalne Slovenije
971972.width-660.png
1 slika 1 slika
Nemaš dopuštenje za pregledavanje privit(a)ka dodan(og)ih postu.
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict

Post Postao/la Heidi »

slika

Zu Ehren von Maliheh Afnan
5. Juli 2021

Today’s Doodle celebrates Palestinian-born artist Maliheh Afnan, who is widely regarded among the most significant Middle Eastern artists of the 20th century. In what she called “written paintings,” her artifact-style mixed media explores themes such as exile and displacement while acknowledging Middle Eastern conflicts and the influence of her cultural heritage. The Institute of Contemporary Arts in Milan featured Afnan’s 1979 piece “Wartorn” in a virtual group exhibition “The Symmetry of Fragility,” which ended on this day in 2020.

Maliheh Afnan was born in Haifa, Palestine on March 24, 1935, before her family sought refuge from war in Beirut, Lebanon in 1949. Afnan was fascinated with written language as a child and filled pages with imaginary text and numbers, developing a striking style of abstract calligraphy. She moved to the U.S. in 1956 to pursue her dream of becoming an artist.

Afnan graduated from an M.F.A. program in 1962, during which her infusion of Arabic and Persian script into assignments motivated a teacher to introduce her to American calligraphic artist Mark Tobey. Afnan cold-called Tobey, who became her mentor and facilitated her first European solo exhibition in 1971–a turning point in what grew into an over 50-year career. She returned to Beirut in 1974, but the civil war forced her to move to Paris before finally settling in London in 1997.

Today, Afnan’s collections can be found in galleries across the Middle East, in numerous European museums, and in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Here’s to you, Maliheh Afnan! Thank you for writing a new script for future generations of artists.
Heidi
Lemon Addict
Lemon Addict

Post Postao/la Heidi »

:weee Jesen :weee
2 slika
Bella_
Etablirani član
Etablirani član
Reactions: 6673

Post Postao/la Bella_ »

DF5817F6-BB6A-45CB-8727-8B32C852466E.gif
2 slika
"Kimsenin fark edemeyeceği detayları görmeyi çok severim."
Bella_
Etablirani član
Etablirani član
Reactions: 6673

Post Postao/la Bella_ »

565FD5C3-773C-4923-86C8-E62DB0CF219B.png
"Kimsenin fark edemeyeceği detayları görmeyi çok severim."
Hannibal
Pjur seks
Pjur seks
Reactions: 22273

Post Postao/la Hannibal »

Heidi je napisao/la: 13 maj 2021, 22:51 Poslije dana majki, danasnji Google Doodles je posvecen drugom, jednako bitnom roditelju 💜

Svim tatama beharlijama sretan Dan Oceva 🍀
hvala ❤
1 slika 1 slika
pričo razne gluposti, govorijo sam svašta
a mnoge bi sad želele da mi budu tašta 😊
Odgovori

Natrag na “Društvene mreže, mediji, portali”